We also recommend confirming these details in writing (if a dispute arises) between you and the contractor/trader before accepting their quotation:
◦ Is the quoted price fixed, and does it include material costs/removals?
◦ Whether the price quoted includes VAT?
◦ Start and finish dates for the project.
◦ Are deposits required? If yes, how much and for what?
◦ Do they guarantee the works, if so, for how long?
◦ Will they be subcontracting any of the works? If yes, are the subcontractors qualified, licensed and insured?
◦ Only pay for work that has been completed – Payment structure, how will payments be made? (Bank transfer, cheque, in instalments as the job progresses, etc.)